On Tuesday, January 11, 2022, the Town Council adopted Ordinance No. 29-2021 on second reading, which amended various sections of the Town Code pertaining to noise and lawn maintenance. Below are highlights of the approved changes.
- No loud noise between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 9:00 a.m.
- All gas or electric powered lawn equipment, including leaf blowers, shall be subject to the same restrictions as heavy equipment.
- Gas powered leaf blowers will be prohibited on properties larger than 1 acre, effective May 1, 2022. (Gas powered leaf blowers are currently prohibited on properties smaller than 1 acre.)
Please click the link to view a full copy of Ordinance No. 29-2021.
As a reminder, Ordinance No. 26-2021, regarding changes to construction and landscaping regulations, goes into effect on January 31, 2022. Below are the approved changes.
- No construction work (including indoor) or lawn maintenance is permitted on Saturdays during the winter season, beginning on the Monday preceding Thanksgiving through the end of April.
- Construction work is permissible on Saturdays from May 1st through the Monday preceding Thanksgiving, but subject to the following restrictions: (1) work shall not begin until the hour of 9:00 a.m. and shall cease at the hour of 5:00 p.m.; (2) all work must be quiet in nature and limited to indoor activity, with the exception of quiet lawn maintenance work and tree trimming.
- No heavy equipment or other outdoor construction-related and lawn maintenance noise is permitted before 9:00 a.m. (on a year-round basis).
- Workers are prohibited from arriving at construction and lawn maintenance sites prior to 7:30 a.m. and are restricted from conducting any kind of site activity prior to 8:00 a.m. during the weekdays. Workers are prohibited from arriving at construction and lawn maintenance sites prior to 8:30 a.m. and are restricted from conducting any kind of site activity prior to 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays, when limited work is permitted from May 1 through the Monday preceding Thanksgiving
- Ordinance No. 26-2021, provides an exception for quiet interior work in multi-family properties, south of Sloan’s Curve which are not located on Ibis Isle, that have association boards that approve Saturday work hours, and a copy of a letter indicating approval from the association board is on record with the Town. Said work is limited to the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from the period commencing on the Monday preceding Thanksgiving and ending April 30.
Please click the link to view a full copy of Ordinance No. 26-2021.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the Code Enforcement Department at 561-227-7080.