On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, the Town Council adopted Ordinance No. 26-2021 on second reading, which amended various sections of the Town Code pertaining to construction and landscaping hours. The changes approved take effect on January 31, 2022. Below are highlights of the approved changes.
- No construction work (including indoor) or lawn maintenance is permitted on Saturdays during the winter season, beginning on the Monday preceding Thanksgiving through the end of April.
- Construction work is permissible on Saturdays from May 1st through the Monday preceding Thanksgiving, but subject to the following restrictions: (1) work shall not begin until the hour of 9:00 a.m. and shall cease at the hour of 5:00 p.m.; (2) all work must be quiet in nature and limited to indoor activity, with the exception of quiet lawn maintenance work and tree trimming.
- No heavy equipment or other outdoor construction-related and lawn maintenance noise is permitted before 9:00 a.m. (on a year-round basis).
- Workers are prohibited from arriving at construction and lawn maintenance sites prior to 7:30 a.m. and are restricted from conducting any kind of site activity prior to 8:00 a.m. during the weekdays. Workers are prohibited from arriving at construction and lawn maintenance sites prior to 8:30 a.m. and are restricted from conducting any kind of site activity prior to 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays, when limited work is permitted from May 1 through the Monday preceding Thanksgiving.
- Ordinance No. 26-2021, provides an exception for quiet interior work in multi-family properties, south of Sloan’s Curve which are not located on Ibis Isle, that have association boards that approve Saturday work hours, and a copy of a letter indicating approval from the association board is on record with the Town. Said work is limited to the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from the period commencing on the Monday preceding Thanksgiving and ending April 30.
Please click the link to view a full copy of Ordinance No. 26-2021. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the Code Enforcement Department at 561-227-7080.