June 2, 2021 3:54 PM
WEEKLY COVID-19 UPDATE - WEDNESDAY 6/2/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
• As of 3:30 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health (FDOH).
o Town of Palm Beach: 654 cases (increase of 0.2% or +1 cases from 1 week ago) and 13 deaths.
o Palm Beach County: 148,713 cases (increase of 0.5% or +709 cases from 1 week ago) and 2,881 deaths.
o State of Florida: 2,327,989 cases (increase of 0.5% or +11,847 cases from 1 week ago) and 37,665 deaths.
o United States: 33,294,023 cases (increase of 0.4% or +121,416 cases from 1 week ago) and 595,497 deaths.
o Worldwide: 171,329,119 cases (increase of 2.0% or +3,357,610 cases from 1 week ago) and 3,683,136 deaths.
• As of 3:30 PM today, the following cumulative vaccination information was provided by the FDOH.
o Palm Beach County: 747,280 total (137,915 – first dose; 609,365 – series completed)
o State of Florida: 10,365,752 total (2,013,507 – first dose; 8,352,245 – series completed)
• For additional daily information provided by the State of Florida, beyond the summary provided by the Town, please visit the FDOH website at: http://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION
• The current vaccination eligibility in the State of Florida, as approved by Governor Ron DeSantis, include the following groups:
1. Florida residents 18 years of age and older;
2. Florida residents ages 12-17 are authorized to receive the Pfizer vaccine but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Residents are encouraged to seek vaccination appointments through their private providers, or the resources below located in Palm Beach County:
o State of Florida Department of Health (http://palmbeach.floridahealth.gov)
o Palm Beach County Healthcare District (hcdpbc.org)
o Publix Pharmacies (publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida)
o Walgreens (https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19)
o CVS (https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine)
o Walmart (walmart.com/cp/1228302)
o Sam’s Club (samsclub.com/pharmacy/immunization?imzType=covid)
o Winn Dixie (winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine)
o VA Medical Center (561-422-6838 – veterans only)
• Appointments for the homebound can be made by sending an email to email@example.com, calling 866-779-6121 or clicking on the link at the end of this alert.
• While waiting for the vaccines to reach everyone, the CDC continues to remind us that the three most important ways to slow the spread and buy us a little more time include: (1) wearing a mask to protect yourself and others, (2) staying at least 6 feet away from others who don’t live with you, and avoid crowds, and (3) washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
MASK POLICY FOR TOWN BUILDINGS
• Until further notice, it the Town’s policy that individuals who are NOT fully vaccinated must wear a facial covering or mask and social distance from other individuals while indoors on Town property. Town property includes all Town-owned buildings where Town of Palm Beach offices, divisions, and departments conduct business and provide services to the community.
• The Town strongly encourages individuals and businesses to continue following CDC guidelines for mask-wearing and hygiene practices to minimize the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
• Certain restrictions remain in place for travelers going to numerous states and countries, so please plan accordingly.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions at 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.