September 9, 2020 12:00 PM
SPECIAL COVID-19 UPDATE – WEDNESDAY 9/9/20
TOWN CURFEW CANCELLED AND EMERGENCY ORDERS REPEALED
• With Palm Beach County Emergency Order 2020-24, for Phase 2, Step 1 Re-opening now in effect the Town has canceled its curfew and repealed Emergency Orders 2020-01, 2020-02, and 2020-03, effective immediately, as ordered by the Chief of Police.
• All other current State Executive Orders and County Emergency Orders remain in full effect until further notice, including Palm Beach County Order 2020-20, which requires face coverings.
PHASE 2, STEP 1 REOPENING IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
• Palm Beach County Emergency Order Number 2020-24, is in full effect for the Town of Palm Beach. Below is a summary of what’s included in Step 1 of the Phase 2 Incremental Re-opening Plan.
• Restaurants and other food establishments including clubhouses, banquet halls and ballrooms MUST continue to operate at 50% capacity for indoor service but may now provide bar top meal service. Full capacity seating for outdoor dining is permitted. For both indoor and outdoor seating, 6-feet of separation must still be maintained between parties and parties may not exceed 10 people.
• In-store retail establishments, museums, libraries, gyms & fitness centers, and other personal service establishments may open at 100% capacity, but is limited to parties of no more than 10 and ensuring that parties maintain 6-feet of separation.
• A variety of indoor entertainment venues that may reopen at 50% capacity, including bowling alleys, escape rooms, trampoline centers, and movie theaters.
• Playhouses (venues with less than 400 seats) may re-open at 33% capacity and skating centers are permitted to accommodate up to 25 skaters at a time.
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS ORDER REMAIN IN EFFECT
• Palm Beach County approved Emergency Order Number 20-20 REQUIRES masks or face coverings to be worn by all persons while visiting or working in any businesses, establishment or residential buildings. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, government buildings, multifamily buildings, and vehicles for hire.
• Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• The types of masks that are acceptable, include cloth, surgical, dust, and N95 masks without vents. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable, as they allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.