July 31, 2020 8:01 AM
Hurricane Isaias - Alert #2
• Isaias has strengthened to a Category 1 Hurricane. As of the 8:00 AM advisory from the National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Isaias has maximum sustained winds of 80 mph and was moving northwest at 17 mph.
• A TROPICAL STORM WATCH remains in effect for Palm Beach County, which means Tropical Storm-force winds are possible somewhere within our area within the next 48 hours.
• This is a fast moving storm and current projections expect the arrival of storm associated winds as early as 8:00 AM tomorrow. The Town's emergency management team is closely monitoring this storm, its current path and projected intensification. We are also preparing for a possible impact to Palm Beach.
• Although most of the computer models keep the eye of this storm offshore and to the east of Palm Beach as a Category 1, residents and business owners should also take the necessary steps to be prepared for a potential landfall as a hurricane in the event its protected path shifts to the west.
• Visit the Town’s hurricane preparedness page on our website for helpful preparation resources by clicking the link below.