July 15, 2020 5:07 PM
COVID-19 Update for 7/15/20
NEW CURFEW IN EFFECT
• Effective today, curfew hours are now from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM until further notice.
TOWN OF PALM BEACH EMERGENCY ORDER NO. 2020-03
• Palm Beach County issued Emergency Order No. 14, which is effective July 16, restricting the operating hours of certain businesses and the hours for alcohol and food service for on-site consumption within Palm Beach County between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
• The Town of Palm Beach has issued Emergency Order No. 2020-03, which supersedes the County Order No. 14. Effective Thursday, July 16, no establishment within the Town of Palm Beach is permitted to serve alcohol or food for on-site consumption, whether indoor or outdoor, between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM. This order excludes delivery, drive-through, pick-up, or take-out services, for off-site consumption.
LAKE TRAIL BICYCLE USE RESTRICTION LIFTED
• Effective today, all temporary restrictions that were implemented this spring have been lifted for the use of the Lake Trail.
• Bicyclists are no longer limited in their times of use. The Chief of Police reserves the right to re-impose restrictions if social distancing is not maintained by trail users.
• As of 4:30 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health. Please be reminded that these numbers are cumulative and includes those who have recovered from the virus.
62 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach: 4 deaths.
22,788 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County: 634 deaths.
301,810 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida: 4,626 deaths.
3,465,031 confirmed cases in the US: 136,940 deaths.
13,405,694 confirmed cases worldwide: 580,552 deaths.
MANDATORY MASKS OR FACIAL COVERINGS ORDER REMAIN IN EFFECT
• Per Palm Beach County Order 2020-12, masks or facial coverings are REQUIRED to be worn by all persons within the county (including the Town of Palm Beach) while visiting or working in any businesses or establishment. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, government buildings, and vehicles for hire.
• Facial coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. This includes outdoor areas and common areas shared by multiple individuals, which include common areas inside and outside of residential buildings. This includes all CONDOMINIUMS, CO-OPS and all other multi-family dwellings.
• For more details about this order, including requirements for business signage, compliance, enforcement, and exemptions from this order found on page 4, please download the full order by clicking the link below.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Order No. 7. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Please be advised that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have issued a travel advisory that requires people arriving from states with high coronavirus rates, including Florida, to quarantine for 14 days.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.