March 24, 2020 12:11 PM
COVID-19 Update for 3/24/20
• Due to a significant and unsafe increase in activity on the Lake Trail, the following regulations will take effect immediately, as ordered by the Chief of Police of the Town of Palm Beach, in accordance to Section 58-41 of the Town Code of Ordinances:
o From 8:00AM – 5:00PM daily, only walkers, runners and children age 12 and under on bicycles are permitted on the Lake Trail.
o Cyclists age 13 and older and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
o Parking access to the Lake Trail will be restricted at the main entrances.
o All Lake Trail users are reminded to practice CDC social distancing guidelines, maintaining 6 feet or more distance from each other.
o Please also remember that dogs must be leashed at all times and don’t forget to clean-up.
• As outlined in Executive Order 20-80, issued by Governor DeSantis on March 23, and effective immediately, all persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida in an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and entering the State of Florida through airports to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following are still in effect:
o All non-essential business should be closed, including restaurants, bars, taverns, pubs, nightclubs, banquet halls, cocktail lounges, cabarets, breweries, cafeterias, movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, gymnasiums, fitness studios and beaches. Restaurants are permitted to convert to take-out or delivery only.
o Among businesses considered ESSENTIAL are grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, day care facilities and pet supply stores. We strongly recommend business owners who are not listed on the essential list to seriously evaluate the necessity of remaining open and serving patrons.
o Most hotels have acted responsibly and have either already closed or will soon close. The Town urges all other hotels and short-term vacation rentals to strongly consider closing in advance of a potential order to do so. The only way to stop the spread is to limit person-to-person contact and any business that remains open unnecessarily contributes to the spread.
o All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
o All Town public buildings and governmental offices are closed for non-essential services. However, all departments will continue to provide essential services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, sanitation are still fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• As of NOON today the Florida Dept. of Health has reported:
o 101 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 3 deaths. WE CAUTION YOU NOT TO MAKE FAMILY DECISIONS BASED ON THE NUMBER OF CONFIRMED TEST RESULTS in the county, as testing has been very limited and COMMUNITY SPREAD is occurring. These numbers DO NOT reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested, are asymptomatic and the lack of reporting from private providers to the Dept of Health.
o 1,412 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 18 deaths.
o 46,548 confirmed cases in the US, with 592 deaths.
o 396,249 confirmed cases worldwide, with 17,252 deaths.
• The Town cannot stress enough the importance of self-isolation and social distancing, especially for the elderly. Residents should continue preparing for a potential “shelter in place” order that may come from the State of Florida or Federal Government.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday. Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM-6:00 PM, offering free delivery.
• It is EXTREMELY important that shoppers maintain 6 feet of distance from other shoppers while standing in line. The Town has asked the management of Publix to adhere to this recommendation.
• Town Manager, Kirk Blouin, and members of his team will provide an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at 3:00PM today, via live audio stream from the Town’s website. Questions can be sent to email@example.com. Archived audio from previous updates can be found on the Town website.
• The Town of Palm Beach remains in a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and a TOWNWIDE CURFEW is in effect from 9:00PM to 6:00AM until further notice.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to visit the Town’s COVID-19 Website for more information, including answers to FAQs.