June 12, 2020 2:22 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 6/12/20
• As of 2:00 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
33 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
8,094 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County (18% increase from 1 week ago), with 416 deaths.
70,971 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida (15% increase from 1 week ago), with 2,877 deaths.
2,031,173 confirmed cases in the US (8% increase from 1 week ago), with 114,065 deaths.
7,570,801 confirmed cases worldwide (13% increase from 1 week ago), with 422,981 deaths.
• It is important to note that the numbers above are cumulative and not in real time. Many of the individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 have fully recovered, including most of those who live within the Town.
• The Town will continue to closely monitor various metrics to ascertain the trend of Coronavirus infections. We strongly urge adherence to the White House Coronavirus Task Force, State, County and Town recommendations, as well as the CDC’s reopening guidelines.
DECISIONS FROM JUNE 10 TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
• At the June 10 Town Council meeting, the following coronavirus related decisions were made:
o Extended Local State of Emergency until July 14, 2020.
o Increase damage deposit for use of public parks by restaurants for outdoor seating.
o Continue to follow Palm Beach County order on facial coverings, in lieu of a mandatory mask order for the Town.
o Continue with virtual public meeting through the end of July 2020.
o Return to normal hours of operation on the Lake Trail when Palm Beach County enters Phase 2 reopening.
BEACHES, PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES
• Beaches are open for use per the conditions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 6, which requires following CDC guidelines by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 7. Please be reminded that the Par 3 Golf Course is open for golfing only. Please refrain from using the cart paths on the course for exercising or walking dogs.
• Lake Trail temporary rules remain in effect until Phase 2 reopening is initiated. From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Please be reminded that per Palm Beach County Order No. 8, all persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• Town-wide curfew hours are in effect from Midnight – 6:00 AM.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.