May 28, 2020 3:15 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 5/28/20
• As of 3:00 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
31 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
5,448 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 327 deaths.
53,285 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 2,364 deaths.
1,711,313 confirmed cases in the US, with 101,129 deaths.
5,931,112 confirmed cases worldwide, with 363,573 deaths.
• It is important to note that the numbers above are cumulative and not in real time. Many of the individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 have fully recovered, including most of those who live within the Town.
• The Town will continue to closely monitor various metrics to ascertain the trend of Coronavirus infections. We strongly urge adherence to the White House Coronavirus Task Force, State, County and Town recommendations, as well as the CDC’s reopening guidelines.
JUNE TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS
• The June Regular Council and Development Review meetings have been combined, to take place electronically on June 10. The Regular meeting will begin at 9:30AM and Development Review will begin at approximately 1:30PM. Please visit the Town website (townofpalmbeach.com) to obtain instructions on how to participate in the virtual meeting.
• The regular meeting agenda will include an update and discussion on matters relating to the Town’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic. Matters will include, but not be limited to a report on the approval of additional outdoor restaurant seating, curfew hours, potential requirement of facial coverings in certain locations, and future public meetings.
BEACHES, PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES
• Beaches reopened on May 26 for ACTIVE USES ONLY, including but not limited to, walking, running, biking, swimming, and surfing. Passive activities are prohibited, including, but not limited to, sunbathing, lounging (whether on towels, blankets, chairs, or the like), grilling, congregating in groups of more than 10. Coolers are prohibited.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• Please be reminded that the Par 3 Golf Course is open for golfing only. Please refrain from using the cart paths on the course for exercising or walking dogs.
• Lake Trail rules remain in effect. From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Players are reminded not to congregate before or after play at tennis and golf facilities. For your health and safety, and that of our staff, once your play is completed please leave the premises.
• Please be reminded that all persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• Town-wide curfew hours are in effect from Midnight – 6:00 AM.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.