May 20, 2020 4:33 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 5/20/20
CURFEW HOURS MODIFIED
• By order of the Chief of Police, effective Thursday, May 21, curfew hours will be in effect from Midnight – 6:00 AM, to provide restaurants and other businesses permitted to re-open under the Governor’s Phase 1 plan an extra hour of time for patrons and employees to return to their homes.
• Town Council is expected to have additional discussion about the curfew hours at its June 9 regular meeting.
GRANT FUNDING FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
• A total of $60 million of Federal Funding from the $261 million received by Palm Beach County through the CARES Act has been appropriated by the County Commissioners to fund the “CARES Restart Business Grants Program”.
• A total of $50 million has been dedicated toward businesses with 25 or fewer employees and $10 million has been dedicated towards businesses with greater than 25 employees, which all of the Town’s businesses may eligible to apply for.
• Interested businesses are encouraged to begin the application process immediately, as they will be processed on a first come, first eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Friday, May 22 at 8:00 A.M. and will be accessible through the Palm Beach County website. The criteria for the grant can be found at: http://pbcgov.com/hes
• As of 4:30 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
26 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
4,776 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 291deaths.
47,471 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 2,096 deaths.
1,541,110 confirmed cases in the US, with 92,712 deaths.
4,955,312 confirmed cases worldwide, with 325,810 deaths.
• The Town will continue to closely monitor various metrics to ascertain the trend of Coronavirus infections. We ask that all recently opened businesses adhere to the White House Coronavirus Task Force, State, County and Town recommendations.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to visit the Town’s COVID-19 Website for more information, including copies of State and County orders.