September 25, 2020 1:26 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE – FRIDAY 9/25/20
UPDATE ON PALM BEACH COUNTY PHASE 2 REOPENING PLANS
• At the September 24 Board of County Commissioners meeting, several updates to the County’s Phase 2 Re-opening plans were confirmed. A detailed County Order is forthcoming but below are some of the highlights.
• Effective today, September 25, there will no longer be any hourly restrictions for the operation of restaurants. However, there is still a 50% capacity limitation for indoor seating.
• Effective September 28, bingo parlors, comedy clubs, and concert halls may re-open at 50% capacity.
• Effective October 5, bars may re-open at 50% capacity.
PALM BEACH COUNTY CARES RESTART BUSINESS GRANTS AVAILABLE
• The Palm Beach County CARES Restart Business Grants Program resumed today, September 25. Interested businesses are encouraged to complete the Restart Business Grant Program Application ASAP as they will be processed on a first-come, first eligible basis. The online application will be accessible through the Palm Beach County website for two weeks, closing on Friday, October 9, 2020, at 11:59 P.M.
• The Restart Business Program guidelines, including eligibility criteria, are outlined on the County's website. The Board approved individual grants up to $25,000 to help “restart" Palm Beach County businesses forced to close by State or County Executive Order.
• Click on the link at the end of this update for application instructions.
COVID-19 INFECTION DATA
• As of 1:30 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
Town of Palm Beach: 133 cases and 5 deaths.
Palm Beach County: 46,023 cases and 1,337 deaths.
State of Florida: 695,887 cases and 14,083 deaths.
United States: 6,990,568 cases and 203,047 deaths.
Worldwide: 32,345,456 cases and 984,768 deaths.
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS ORDER REMAIN IN EFFECT
• Recently approved Palm Beach County Emergency Order No. 2020-26 extended the Mandatory Face Covering directive through at least October 22, 2020.
• Masks or face coverings MUST be worn by all persons within the Town while visiting or working in any businesses, establishment, or residential buildings. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, government buildings, multifamily buildings, and vehicles for hire.
• Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• MASKS MUST BE WORN PROPERLY – Please ensure masks and other acceptable face coverings are worn completely over the NOSE and MOUTH when in the presence of others. When removing masks, only touch the strings or ear loops. Do not touch the actual face covering to avoid contaminating your hands. Masks should be washed or disposed of after wearing them.
• The types of masks that are acceptable, include cloth, surgical, dust, and N95 masks without vents. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable, as they allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• With Step 1, Phase 2 now in effect, it is extremely important that residents, employees, and visitors continue to AVOID THE THREE C’s – CLOSED spaces with poor ventilation, CROWDED spaces with many people nearby, and CLOSE-CONTACT settings. Also remember to wear a mask, social distance, and wash your hands frequently.
• Download the RISK INDEX CHART at the end of this Update to see which activities put you at most risk and which ones are low risk.
• Per Palm Beach County Order No. 6, please be reminded that all public, municipal, and private beaches are open only from sunrise to sunset, and gatherings are limited to no more than 10 people while distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• Travel restrictions are in place for travelers going to Alaska, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Washington D.C. Please plan accordingly if you plan to travel to one of these locations.
• All public parks and playgrounds within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Orders 20-07 and 20-21.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.