March 19, 2020 2:28 PM
COVID-19 Notice for 3/19/20
• Beginning today, Town Manager, Kirk Blouin, will provide a daily update on the COVID-19 outbreak from 3:00 – 4:00PM, via live audio stream from the Town’s website. After his update, questions will be answered. Questions can be sent to email@example.com. Daily updates will take place Monday-Friday and archived audio for all updates can be found on the website. An FAQ section on the Town’s COVID-19 webpage can be accessed to answer frequently asked questions.
• The Town of Palm Beach remains in a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and a TOWNWIDE CURFEW is in effect from 9:00PM to 6:00AM until further notice.
• As of 11:00AM today the Florida Dept. of Health has REPORTED 390 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida and 29 in Palm Beach County. There are 10,755 confirmed cases in the US and 229,390 worldwide. Reported numbers do not reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested and/or are asymptomatic. ONLY 74 people in Palm Beach County have been tested according to FL Dept. of Health.
• Self-isolation is strongly recommended for everyone, especially for the elderly.
• Please consider limiting the number of domestic staff and visitors to your homes and provide specific hygiene instructions, including hand washing, wearing gloves and removing shoes.
• All nightclubs and bars are closed, as ordered by the State of Florida. Operations of private clubs, restaurants and all other business (including gyms) are strongly recommended to close, with the exception of delivery or curbside pick-up. Most restaurants that remain open are offering delivery and pick-up.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are now 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week, beginning on Tuesday, March 24, PUBLIX is designating Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, 7 – 8 a.m., as senior shopping hours for customers age 65 and over. This change in hours will continue until further notice. AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday.
• All public beaches and recreation facilities are closed.
• Public access to all Town buildings remain limited. Town staff can still be reached by phone or email during regular business hours. PZB customers can submit plans in the Town Hall lobby drop box. Simple permit applications can be emailed (PZB@townofpalmbeach.com) or faxed (561-835-4621) to PZB.
• Police, Fire-Rescue and Sanitation operations continue as normal. Non-essential Town services may be temporarily halted soon.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also now available for questions 561-227-7070.
Read this morning's Message from the Town Manager by clicking the link below.