March 14, 2020 12:39 PM
COVID-19 Notice 3/14/20
• As of this morning, there are 5 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County and 70 in the State of Florida.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• HHS (Department of Health and Human Services) remains the lead federal agency directing the response to COVID-19. The Town’s Fire-Rescue teams are trained and ready to respond to health emergencies in our Town. Call 911 for emergencies or 561-838-5454 for non-emergency questions.
• If you have traveled to countries listed on the CDC website, a 14-day isolation is the recommendation for all ages.
• The CDC recommends maintaining 6 feet distance, so do not shake hands and avoid fist and elbow bumping. Continue personal preventive practices: social distancing, hand hygiene, and if sick stay home and self-isolate. If you are healthy, enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Take a walk but maintain social distancing.
• Older adults and individuals with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease should ensure all prescriptions are filled, avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel, and stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
• As this situation continues to evolve, everyone should be prepared by filling prescriptions and get supplies to tide you over for a couple weeks. Online purchasing is easy and supplies will be delivered to you.
• Large scale social, cultural and recreational events are being canceled to assist in the mitigation of infection transmission. Publix has modified its hours of operation and is now open from 6:30am – 8:00pm
• An information webpage for the COVID-19 outbreak is available as a resource to the community. Click on the link below to visit the page. Town Staff will continue to provide mid-day updates via COVID-19 Alerts, which we ask you to encourage your friends to sign-up for under Stay Informed on the Town website (townofpalmbeach.com).