March 15, 2020 1:47 PM
COVID-19 Notice 3/15/20
• As of this morning, Florida has 106 confirmed persons with COVID-19 and 4 deaths; Palm Beach County has 5 confirmed, no deaths. Remember there has not been across the board testing and many people may be asymptomatic while carrying the virus.
• Self-isolation for 14 days is the recommendation of the CDC if you have traveled to any of the countries listed. Even if you have no symptoms, this is the recommendation for ALL ages.
o China, Iran, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City
• Social Distancing is in effect: maintain 6 feet distance, no hugging, elbow bumping, no personal contact!
• Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, don’t touch your face.
• If you are sick, stay home, and self-isolate for 14 days.
• BE PREPARED: have enough medications, food, supplies to last for a few weeks.
• If you have the following symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath, call your doctor for direction. If your doctor is not available to you and you are concerned or having difficulty getting your breath, call 911.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• “Flattening the curve” refers to reducing the number of infections, as early mitigation practices will save lives. Click on link below for more information.