March 13, 2020 6:04 PM
COVID-19 Notice 3/13/20
We know the COVID-19 outbreak has created great cause for concern, especially with this morning’s announcement that there are two confirmed cases in Palm Beach County. Rest assured your Elected Officials and Town Staff have been working diligently over the past couple of weeks to develop response plans for dealing with this fluid situation, while maintaining our quality standards for the delivery of public services.
• The health and well-being of our residents is our top priority. Thank you for
doing your part in following hygiene and social distancing guidelines. Please know that an elevated level of cleaning by our janitorial company of all public facilities have been in effect since last week. All businesses and residents should consider doing the same if you are not already doing so.
• A National Emergency was declared by President Trump this afternoon, emphasizing the seriousness of this pandemic while paving the way for federal assistance to states, counties and cities dealing with this situation.
• As stressed by the CDC, older adults and individuals with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease should ensure all prescriptions are filled, exercise social distancing, avoid crowds, avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel, and stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
• In our effort to minimize person-to-person contact during public meetings, the following meetings, and all associated agenda items, have been postponed for one month:
March 18 - Landmarks Preservation Commission Meeting
March 19 - Code Enforcement Meeting
March 25 - ARCOM Meeting
April 1 - ORS Committee Meeting
• Recreation activities, including the afterschool, group fitness classes, and wellness/enrichment classes at the Mandel Rec Center have been canceled beginning Monday, March 16. The gymnasium in the recreation center will be closed for at least the next two weeks but the fitness center will remain open for individual exercise at this time. Spring break camp during the week of March 23, and the annual Spring Celebration on April 11 have been canceled.
An information webpage for the COVID-19 Situation has been created as a resource to the community. Click on the link below to visit the webpage. Mid-day updates will be provided starting tomorrow via COVID-19 Alerts, which we ask you to encourage your friends to sign-up for under Stay Informed on the Town website (townofpalmbeach.com).