The issuance of auction permits is regulated by Section 94, Article 2 of the town code for the purposes of this section, auction permits are regulated as follows:
- A completed auction permit application shall be filed with town clerk at least 30, but no more than 90, days prior to the date of solicitation. The application fee is $200.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to conduct a sale at public auction in the town between the hours of 6 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Auctions are prohibited between November 1 and April 30, in buildings fronting on any of the following designated streets within the town:
- On Worth Avenue, between County Road and Lake Drive
- On Hibiscus Street, between Peruvian Avenue and Worth Avenue
- On Coconut Row, between Peruvian Avenue and Worth Avenue
- On Ocean Boulevard, between Barton Avenue and Gulf Stream Road
- On County Road, between Worth Avenue and Wells Road
- On Royal Palm Way
- On Bradley Place, between Royal Poinciana Way and Wells Road
- On Sunrise Avenue, between Bradley Place and Ocean Boulevard.
- No more than two permits per calendar year shall be issued to conduct an auction at any location or address in town.
- Auctions may only be conducted within a commercial zoning district.
- Auctions must be conducted by a licensed auctioneer.
- The goods or services to be auctioned shall be the same or similar to the licensed use of the facility within which the auction is to be held as determined by the director of the planning, zoning and building department, or his designee, in the permit application review process.
For further assistance, please email the Town Clerk's Office or call 561-838-5416.