Special Collection Service
This service is offered throughout town to dispose of white goods and other bulky items that cannot go into dumpsters or be picked up by the regular garbage service. This service is only offered on Fridays, on a first come first serve basis. This service needs to be scheduled in advance by calling the Public Works Department at (561)838-5440.
This is a fee based service. Payment must be received at the time of pick-up with a check made out to the Town of Palm Beach. Payment can be made in advance at Town Hall by check only. The fee is based on the size of the load, currently the fee is 1/4 Truck $105.60, 1/2 Truck $211.20, 3/4 Truck $316.80, Full Truck $420 per one quarter of a truck load. Estimates can be given in advance of pick-up but need to be requested at least 2 days before the scheduled pick-up.
All pick-up items must be out in the open on the property not in the right-of-way (road or sidewalk). If the location is a condominium, the management will designate the outdoor area for placement for this service, most often by the dumpsters. Drivers are not allowed into enclosed structures (garages, apartments, homes, etc.).
Examples of some items eligible for this pick-up service are:
- Furniture like mattresses, chairs, sofas, tables, etc.
- Lawn chairs, tables, planter pots
- Misc. home goods like toasters, refrigerators (no larger than residential double wide), ovens (residential size), TV’s, microwaves, lamps, carpeting (no longer than 8 feet, rolled up and tied)
- Packing boxes that you do not want to break down and recycle, note that packing peanuts (Styrofoam bits) must be in garbage bags or secured in boxes
- Shipping crates and pallets
- Shelving, broken doors, broken mirrors, or broken tiles (must be in a bag or box)
Some items not eligible for pick-up are:
- Construction debris
- Hazardous materials like car batteries, propane tanks, fluorescent lights, gasoline
- Yard debris