Special Collection Service
This service is offered throughout town to dispose of white goods and other bulky items that cannot go into dumpsters or be picked up by the regular garbage service. Service is only provided on Fridays. Scheduling is arranged on a first-come first-serve basis. You may schedule your special pick-up by contacting the Public Works Department at (561) 838-5440no later than 5:00 pm the Wednesday of the week you require pick up service.
This is a fee based service. Payment must be received at the time of pick-up by check, payable to the Town of Palm Beach. Payment may be made in advance at Town Hall by check only. Fees are based on the size of the load. Current fees are as follows:
- $105.60 per
- $211.20 per
- $316.80 per
- $420 per f
Note: Estimates may be provided in advance by request. Please allow 2 days notice prior to the scheduled pick-up.
All items must be placed out in the open on the property, not in the right-of-way (road or sidewalk). If the location is a condominium, the management will designate the outdoor area for placement for this service (most often by the dumpsters). Drivers are not allowed into enclosed structures (garages, apartments, homes, etc.).
Examples of some items eligible for pick-up service are:
- Furniture (i.e. mattresses, chairs, sofas, tables, etc.)
- Lawn chairs, tables, planter pots
- Misc. home goods (i.e. toasters, refrigerators (no larger than residential double wide), ovens (residential size), TV’s, microwaves, lamps, carpeting (no longer than 8 feet, rolled up and tied))
- Packing boxes that are unable to be broken down and/or recycled. Note that packing peanuts (Styrofoam bits) must be in garbage bags or secured in boxes
- Shipping crates and pallets
- Shelving, broken doors, broken mirrors, or broken tiles (must be in a bag or box)
The following items are not eligible for pick-up service:
- Construction debris
- Hazardous materials like car batteries, propane tanks, fluorescent lights, gasoline
- Yard debris