PEOPLE & CULTURE DEPARTMENT
The Town of Palm Beach is a town like no other. A town rich in beauty and history, it is an enviable location to work and engage in a rewarding and fulfilling career. As a member of our Team, you will work in close partnership with your fellow colleagues, management and with the Town Council and residents to provide the highest quality of service by continuously improving and striving to be the standard by which all others are measured.
By embracing the Town values of respect, ethical standards, cooperation and teamwork, commitment to quality, open, timely communication, personal responsibility, and accountability, you will join a team of high performing individuals who are reinventing the meaning and impact of public service in all departments. Here you are not a number but a member of a highly professional and close-knit community and family. Join us and be part of a new public service transformation, that begins in one of the most beautiful locations in the country.
The People & Culture Department offers a full range of employee-related functions, that include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of the town’s classification and compensation plan
- Educational and skills training for town employees
- Employee relations and labor relations to include the administration of collective bargaining agreements
- Employment activities including recruitment, testing, and selection
- Equal opportunity, focusing on workforce diversity, education, and resolution of EEO complaints
- Management of the town’s self-insurance plan to its employees and retirees for health, dental, and ancillary benefits
- Review of work related injuries and administration of pre-employment and annual physical exams through the town’s clinic
We promote a friendly and healthy work environment and strive to provide excellent customer service to all employees while working closely with management and staff to ensure that their human resources needs are met in a manner that exceed expectations.